You are about to enter the weird and wonderful world of cat litter boxes. You won’t believe the scope, variety and innovation in modern cat litter boxes today. From the basic, old school plastic tray to super cool, labour reducing electronic litter boxes, what will you choose, how will you choose, the best litter boxes for indoor cats? Let’s have a look at what’s on the market, review some litter boxes and point out the pros and cons.
Best Litter Boxes For Indoor Cats
Littler boxes start at under 10 dollars but you can buy good litter boxes with cunning design features under $50 and under $100. The best cat litter boxes for indoor cats come in well over $100. But do you need to spend so much? Will a cheap litter box be enough or should you splash out on a luxury litter box for an indoor cat.
Things to Know About Cats and Their Litter Boxes
Cats are territorial and use poop and pee to mark their territory.
- You should always have one litter box for each cat, plus one spare.
- Those litter boxes should be spread around your home.
- Litter boxes shouldn’t be hidden away, they should be in important places around your home.
- Cats don’t require privacy, it’s a myth.
- If a cat is insecure it may scent mark indoors ( we had a cat that did this in response to a second cat). Put a litter box there.
- Try multiple types of litter and litter box until your cat is happy.
- You will be scooping poop daily, you will want a good sifting scoop. The indoor cat food and type of litter you choose will affect how pleasant this is.